Venezuela's general prosecutor Tarek William Saab announced on Friday in Caracas the processing of 31 people and the request for the arrest of another 22 for their alleged participation in the failed maritime invasion in the country.
During a press conference at the headquarters of the Public Ministry, Saab said that «a total of 31 people involved, including mercenaries and support teams, are... Еще already under Venezuelan justice at this time.»
The general prosecutor also stated that the participation of the United States government «has been evident, unfortunately,» and demanded «an end to the aggressions» from Colombia and the United States.
The chairman of the Venezuelan attorney general's office also said that arrest warrants had already been requested against Venezuelan citizens Juan Jose Rendon and Sergio Vergara, and against US citizen Jordan Gaudreau.
Last Sunday, a maritime 'invasion' into Venezuelan territory was thwarted by government forces. Among those detained were at least two US citizens who were acting as alleged private military officers for the American company Silvercorp.