USA: Trump says army 'ready' following DPRK summit cancellation

US President Donald Trump commented on the cancellation of the upcoming summit with North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un in Washington DC on Thursday, and mentioned the preparedness of the US military. «I've spoken to (Defence Secretary) General Mattis and the Joint Chiefs of Staff and our military, which is by far the most powerful anywhere in the world, that has been greatly enhanced... Еще recently, as you all know, is ready if necessary,» Trump said. Trump still left the door open for future talks, stating: «If and when Kim Jong-un chooses to engage in constructive dialogue and actions, I am waiting.» Earlier in the day, Trump released a letter in which he cancelled his planned June 12 summit with Kim in Singapore. In the letter addressed to Kim, Trump wrote that the long-planned summit would be 'inappropriate', citing the 'tremendous anger and open hostility' in Pyongyang's most recent statement.

Самое интересное

Новости партнеров

ТемыВсе темы