Local residents brought food supplies and clothing donations to the Bronx New School, on Saturday, following the nearby deadly fire that claimed the lives of 12 people and injured dozens more on Thursday night. Volunteer Emanuele Frias appealed to people to come and help the effort, stating that many of those taking part in the initiative had been affected by the fire. A representative from... Еще New York City Fire Department Steve Comer stressed the importance of having a functioning smoke alarm, before calling on residents «not to be using a stove as a heating source in the event of an outage.» The fire at 2363 Prospect Avenue was caused by a three-year-old boy who was playing with the burners of a stove, according to officials. Local authorities said that after the mother of the child had fled the burning apartment with her two children, they left the door open, allowing the fire to spread quickly up the building's stairwell. The victims included several young children. This was New York’s deadliest fire in over 25 years.