Somalia: We 'won't stop looking' — search operations ongoing two days after Mogadishu blast

Search operations were ongoing in the city of Mogadishu on Monday, two days after a deadly blast which left at least 230 dead. It was decided to continue the operations after a boy was found alive in the rubble, 24 hours after the explosion. «This evening, 24 hours after the explosion, we pulled out from under the rubble a young man who was alive, the first thing he asked was for a phone so... Еще that he could call his family, and because of that, we won't stop looking for any more survivors, for as long as it takes,» said Mayor of Mogadishu Thabit Abdi. Somali security forces joined together with the Qatar Red Crescent to go through the rubble in the hope of finding any survivors. Families waited anxiously to hear of news of missing loved ones. Some searched through clothes left in the city's graveyard to see if they had been buried. «Last time my brother Qadar and his wife were seen, they were on a Bajaj [Tuk-tuk] at Zobe where the blast took place, and there is still have no news of their whereabouts, whether they are dead or alive. We have been to the site of the blast and all the hospitals,» said Abshir Siid, whose brother and sister-in-law are still missing. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.

Самое интересное

Новости партнеров

ТемыВсе темы