Ratko Mladic’s lawyer Dragan Ivetic asserted that the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia “failed to prove Mr Ratko Mladic wrong,» at a press conference following the court’s verdict of life imprisonment for the former Bosnian-Serb commander, at The Hague on Wednesday. «It is certain that we will file an appeal, and the appeal will be successful,» he said. «The judgement we... Еще had today is not the most important factor to be discussed today: the most important fact to be discussed today is the state of our client's health and his capacity, medically and mentally to even meaningfully participate in today's proceedings,» he added. Ivetic gave the presser alongside Mladic’s son, Darko, who asserted his father's innocence. «General Ratko Mladic's defence proved that General Ratko Mladic is not guilty, personally, for crimes that did occur.» The ICTY chief prosecutor Serge Brammertz meanwhile said Mladic’s guilt «is his and his alone.» Earlier on Wednesday, Mladic was convicted of war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity for his actions in Bosnia in the 1990s, and was sentenced to life in prison. The sentencing relates to the massacre of around 8,000 Muslim boys and men by Bosnian-Serb forces on July 11, 1995 following Srebrenica's fall, and for Mladic's role in the 1995 siege of Sarajevo. Ratko Mladic was arrested in 2011 after 14 years in hiding.