Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif urged the United States to «come to its senses» saying that it was not Iran who started the process of escalation. Zarif was addressing the press after a cabinet meeting in Tehran on Wednesday.
«We've said very clearly that if the United States takes any further action Iran will respond accordingly and we will respond in a very harsh way, but... Еще proportionately.» Zarif said.
He added that «the Islamic Republic of Iran had to show a military reaction against the US’s action, which it did. However, this is not the end of it. Its termination is expelling the US [from the region] and this does not require military action.»
Soleimani and deputy leader of Iraq's Popular Mobilisation Forces (PMF) Mohammed Ali Ebrahimi, also known as Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, were killed by a US drone strike near Baghdad's airport last week, triggering an escalation of tensions in the region.
**NO Access Israel Media/Persian Language TV Stations Outside Iran/Strictly No Access BBC Persian/VOA Persian/Manoto-1 TV/Iran International**