W/S Defendant entering courtroom in handcuffs with police escortC/U Defendant in handcuffs shaking his lawyer's handM/S Defendant taking his seatW/S Defence standing for JudgesW/S Judges M/S Defendant sitting in courtW/S Courtroom audienceSOT, Dirk Schoenian, lawyer for the Defence, (English): «We started today, today was the main proceeding in Osnabruck, about this attack from '96 in Osnabruck... Еще, at the Quebec barracks, and we started with the accusation, which was read out by the by the public prosecutor, and there was a statement made by the accused, and he said he is guilty, and he made a statement about his own personal situation at the time."W/S Schoenian being interviewed by press *CUTAWAY*SOT, Dirk Schoenian, lawyer for the Defence, (English): «There are several reasons, but one of the reasons is also that, the German authorities stopped or didn't prolong the proceeding in the time of 2005 to 2015, so they did nothing at the end, so that is also a reason why."W/S Court *CUTAWAY*SOT, Dirk Schoenian, lawyer for the Defence, (English): «Between four years and four and a half years, and the possibility to be released at the sentence, and then maybe it is possible to leave the country as a free man and then in the end the court, at the end, has the possibility also to set out the rest of the sentence on probation."W/S Court SCRIPTA forty-eight-year old man, with alleged links to the Irish Republic Army (IRA), has pleaded guilty in carrying out an attack on the 1996 attack on a British Barracks in Osnabruck, Germany, at a court case in the city in question, on Wednesday. Of the defendant, his lawyer, Dirk Schoenian, said «there was a statement made by the accused, and he said he is guilty, and he made a statement about his own personal situation at the time."Schoenian, stated that proceedings had been stalled from 2005 until 2015, due to the German authorities, but did not state the reasons behind the ten year hiatus.The lawyer added that he hopes for a prison sentence of between four to four and a half years with a period of probation. The accused, alongside four others, is tried with firing mortar shells at the British Quebec Barracks in Osnabruck. No one was injured during the attack.