Germany: Frankfurt authorities to ban entrance to Opernplatz after 1 a.m. following riot

Thirty-nine people were detained on charges of mayhem and disturbing the peace following violence that broke out at an open-air party in Frankfurt on Sunday, authorities said at a security conference in the German city on Monday. A massive brawl reportedly broke out early on Sunday between partiers, and one man was injured, triggering police intervention. «They are mostly people aged between 16 and 23,» said Frankfurt Police chief Gerhard Bereswill. «The 39 people are mostly of migrant background, they come from many different countries, there is no focus on one.» «They are 38 young men and one woman. And most of the people in the group are known to police,» Bereswill continued. «As the City of Frankfurt, we are seeking for a ban on entering the Opernplatz on Fridays and Saturdays from midnight and we are aiming for the closing of the Opernplatz from 1 a.m.,» said Frankfurt Head of Security Markus Frank. Officers attempting to help the injured man were reportedly turned on by multiple party-goers who hurled bottles and glasses at them while bystanders applauded and chanted anti-police slogans. Last month, rioting also took place in Stuttgart when several hundred people rampaged through the city after police performed checks on people suspected of using drugs.
https://ruptly.tv/

Самое интересное

Новости партнеров

ТемыВсе темы