Germany: Detained terror suspect planned to kill 'as many people as possible' — Public Prosecutor

Spokesperson of the German Federal Public Prosecutor's Office, Frauke Koehler, stated that police arrested a 19-year old Syrian national suspected of planning «an Islamist-motivated» bomb attack in Germany, with the aim of killing «as many people as possible,» when speaking to the press in Karlsruhe, Tuesday. Koehler noted that the Syrian national, identified as Yamen A., was detained on the... Еще suspicion of planning «an Islamist-motivated attack with high power explosive devices.» «According to the findings so far, Yamen A. made the decision no later than July 2017 to detonate an explosive device in Germany in order to kill and injure as many people as possible,» said Koehler. The public prosecutor spokesperson reported that the defendant had ordered chemicals and electronic parts on the internet and that «the quantities of chemicals indicate that the TATP [triacetone triperoxide] was intended as an initial explosive,» which she said would lead to an explosion «with a huge effect.» Evidence of the accused being a member of a militant organisation is yet to be uncovered. However, Koehler said that the suspect had been in an online contact with someone, who described himself as a «soldier of the caliphate.» The suspect was detained earlier in the day in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern's Schwerin. According to police, three apartments were searched in close proximity to one another during the raid. It remains unclear whether the suspect had already envisaged a specific target for his bomb attack.

Самое интересное

Новости партнеров

ТемыВсе темы