French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said that the gunman who killed three people in southern France on Friday had been “under surveillance.» “The terrorist was Redouane Lakdim, 26 years old, and he was known for small delinquencies. We had monitored him, and we believed that he was not radicalised. This happened abruptly and he was under surveillance,» Collomb told journalists in Trebes... Еще. The interior minister also explained the exact chronological order of events, confirming that all of them were related to the same suspect. “I would like to confirm that the terrorist who left three victims was shot dead by a GIGN [elite Police tactical unit of the French National Gendarmerie] intervention,» he stated. «The events happened as follows: this morning he attacked a driver of a vehicle and he injured him seriously, another one was also injured, then he left and crossed a patrol de CRS [Republican Security Companies, French National Police] and a CRS was injured in the shoulder,» the interior minister stated. «After that, he arrived in Trebes, he entered the supermarket, where he shot two people dead. The police intervened immediately and were able to release several people who were there,» Collomb added. “The lieutenant colonel who was with his men was substituted voluntarily for one of the terrorists’ hostages, so he stayed with him. The terrorist opened fire, GIGN intervened and they shot the terrorist.» The self-proclaimed Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) has claimed responsibility for the attack.